Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God and Vanilla Dr. Pepper

So today I was enjoying a healthy lunch at Sonic. Now, I love Sonic. I can sit in my truck, listen to the radio, and eat all at the same time. Not to mention, their drinks are fantabulous. I placed my order and in no time the carhop was at my window delivering tasty goodness. This carhop, however, was different. When we finished our transaction he said "Have a blessed day." As he skated off I got a glimpse of his name tag. It said "Choose Life."

I thought this was rather interesting. Based only on these two things, I think I could argue that this young man was a man of faith. I could be wrong, but that isn't really the point of the post. We could argue as to whether or not abortion is or is not allowed by God or if a name tag is the appropriate place to espouse your views. We can even argue if work is the appropriate place to overtly share your faith. Again, these question are not at the heart of this post. My interest is more of in "what if?"

What if every follower of Christ shared this young man's desire to spread the Word? What if all Christians had a name tag that said, "Spend Time with God" or "God Gives Me Joy" et cetera? What if all Christians ended their conversations with people with a "Have a Blessed Day"?

Now, I'm sure there are people out there who are thinking such actions might be a little jingo-istic. Perhaps they are, but I would have never known that young man was a believer had he never said what he said or had his name tag arranged like he did. I would have never written this post. You would have never read it. Some random person coming across this blog may not have had their life changed because of it.

We should exude a way of living that makes people wonder "what does he/she have that I don't?" We should be bold about our faith. As I wrote in the previous post, there is no perfect time to spread the Gospel. All the time is the time to spread the Gospel.

This young man, who probably hasn't even graduated high school yet, was putting it all on the line for God. Some day, someone will complain to management about his "Godliness" and how they don't like it being forced upon them (it wasn't forced, it was just obviously there), but this young man didn't care. He was out to do things for God.

What have you done for God lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment