Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Do You Play Like You Practice?

I just finished Philippians. In the notes, my study bible refers to many analogies of athletic training when speaking of the Christian life. The obvious one being that you have to work hard to accomplish your goals.

Sometimes, I find the notes to be a little bit of a stretch, but I went back and read the notes that I had taken and felt the analogy held. Being a follower truly is like being an athlete. Ever heard the phrase "you play like you practice"? I think that is the way Christianity is as well. If you work hard, spend time in the word, pray, fellowship (all = practice) then you will live (play) a life that brings honor to God.

Moral of the story . . . Don't be like this guy. (A touch of language at the end)


Many times I find my game play to be inadequate, the obvious reason, I don't practice enough. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment