Friday, October 31, 2008

I've Done My Civic Duty

I voted yesterday. I don't know why. Neither of the top candidates are worth much to me. I live in Texas, so regardless of who I vote for it has no effect on the outcome. And regardless of the state, the chance of my vote mattering is not statistically different from zero. So why did I vote? I have no clue. I guess just because everyone expects a Political Science PhD student to vote. This has to be the least interested I have been in an election in quite some time. Maybe it is because the election has been going on for what seems like four years. Maybe it is because neither of the candidates represent what I believe. Maybe it is because studying political science has killed the things I once loved. I have no clue. Anyways, go vote, but only if you want to. It is supposedly the "democratic" thing to do. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment