Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being Held in High Esteem

Our Men's Bible study group is going through Daniel. We are almost through! Last night we studied chapter 10. In verses 11 and 19 Daniel is talking to someone (Pre-incarnate Jesus, God, and angel, I don't know). Daniel is referred to as "highly esteemed" (NIV) by this being. I can't help but think about what it must be like to be considered highly esteemed by God. There is no recorded sin of Daniel in the Bible. (No, I'm not saying he never sinned.) I'm just saying that he was one of the strongest men of faith in the Bible. He was never afraid or ashamed to pray. He was willing to do whatever it took to serve God. You can't help but read about him and think "WOW!"

I guess I am just wondering, what does it take to be "highly esteemed"? How can I be looked upon with as much favor as Daniel? How can I be so in love with God that the angels talk about me and my faithfulness? I don't know that there is an answer, or that it is even possible. However, I hope that when I am old I can look back at my body of work here on earth and know that God holds my efforts in high esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment