Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hello? God?

I've been trying to think of something to blog about. I've had a couple of posts that I erased. Nothing was really flowing. This is all I've got:

I've been kinda out of touch with God lately and I'm not sure why. When I'm at church and the worship band is playing their heart out, I feel so in touch with God. When I'm at a Bible study that challenges and educates me, I feel so in touch with God. When I listen to our pastor preach, I feel so in touch with God. When I study on my own, I feel so in touch with God . . . part of the time. Why is it that I can experience God in such an amazing way in community worship, but I have trouble "getting" Him when I am alone? After leaving Bible studies or church, I often want to run out and conquer the world. After my own quiet time, I often want to take a nap. Why is this? What am I missing?

4 comments:

  1. Tony,

    I think we all go through those times of "Hello God." I am energized by times of worship and small group study but my personal time is lacking. Okay it stinks. But unless there is unconfessed sin in your life that may be blocking the channel, I don't think you are missing anything. One day you will go to the Word and you will find a hunger that He satisfies and you will wonder how in the world you missed that. It is a "season" that you will go through and come out of. Just keep going to the Source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the "Tony" Michael. I have been blog visiting this morning and got "lost."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. And no problem on the Tony. I've been called worse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up the fight, man. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete