Monday, June 2, 2008

Anyone Seen Any Purpose Around Here?

Today I read about purpose. When everything is said and done, my life will be judged on whether or not I fulfilled God's purpose for my life. Before I can do that, I need to know what is that purpose. Last week, I read about David wanting to establish a temple for God. God told him not to do that because he had a different purpose in mind for David. That purpose was ultimately that David's line would continue forever. David's original goal was awesome, but God's goal for David was so much more powerful. I have big goals in life. I wonder what purpose God has for me that I have yet to discover.

Today I read 2 Timothy 2. In a nutshell, the chapter is about how we are enlisted in God's army. He has plans for us. That plan is for us to spread the truth and to not spread untruths. Gossipping, lieing, etc. are not Kingdom-worthy acts. This is something I have been convicted of for the past several months. I work in an extremely stress-laden environment. To my knowledge, I am the only Christian there. As you can imagine, it makes it difficult to stay on the narrow path. I have realized that I might have missed some opportunities to minister to some of my classmates. I have also realized that if I am to minister to them, that I must make sure that I do not get pulled into their foolish arguments. Second Timothy 2:16 says, "Avoid godless, foolish discussions that lead to more and more ungodliness." This is something I need to work on. Hopefully, I can report back at a later date and say that I am not conforming to the actions of my surroundings.

Proverb of the Day: Provers 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."

As someone who has 2 undergraduate degrees, 2 master's degress, and is working on a Ph.D., I more often than not depend on my own understanding. How foolish of me! I might be well-educated, but I am still a fool at heart

Have a great week everyone!
Michael

1 comment:

  1. May God's peace, mercy, and blessings be upon you brother Michael

    I recommend you watch the following, its beautiful, and certainly makes one reflect and understand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete