Monday, June 9, 2008

Hebrews 1-2: Jesus is Greater

I started reading Hebrews today. The first two chapters were about how Jesus is greater than all. He is greater than the greatest angels, and He is greater than man. These weren't necessarily news to me, but it was nice to be reminded that Jesus was, is, and always will be the most powerful resident on the planet.

I found it interesting that the Bible says that God provides angels to watch over the believers. This shouldn't have been a shock to me. Daniel was saved by angels in the lions den, while Peter was saved from Herod by angels. It is really a great thought knowing that God can deliver me from any situation. I may not find myself face to face with hungry lions anytime soon, but the fact remains that God has the power to do mighty things. It is kind of freeing knowing this. A lot of people think Christianity takes away freedom. I think this shows the opposite. God, and only God, can free people from the dangers of the world!

Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 9:10
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge f the Holy One results in understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment