Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Humble God

Today I read Philippians 2. It was full of great themes.

The theme that has stuck with me the most was the idea that God humbled himself. Verses 5 - 8 read, "Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. He made himself nothing, he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form. And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross."

It just amazes me that God loves us so much that he would make himself nothing. The most powerful force ever became nothing; a slave who died a criminal's death. That's pretty powerful.

How do I humble myself? Do I serve others? Am I a slave to those whom I have power over? Do I love so much that I am willing to disregard my power to show my love?

Proverb of the Day:
It is the same as yesterday's. I thought yesterday was the 3rd. Ooops!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment