Thursday, December 18, 2008

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request. My wife's grandmother, who lives here in town, is having knee surgery on Monday. I'm not exactly sure what the surgery is for, but I know it isn't your typical knee surgery, and there could be complications. She is on medication to keep her blood from clotting. Obviously, she will have to go off of those medications before the surgery. I think today is her first day off. Since she can't move because of the bum leg, the chance of clotting is even greater. Chances of complications are so great that the other grandchildren were in town this week to visit just in case things did go bad. Also, her husband is in the early-to-middle stages of dementia and has not been told yet of the impending surgery for obvious reasons. She is also raising two kids, a 14 year old boy and a 10(?) year old girl. Needless to say, they aren't exactly angels. Rumor has it that the father of the kids is coming into town on Sunday. He is not popular with the family and has been professionally diagnosed as bipolar. He seems to cause lots of problems. This woman has made some poor life choices that have made this whole process pretty difficult, and the burden will fall on all of us to take care of her, her husband, and those kids. I would be kidding myself if I said this was going to be a your run of the mill knee surgery and recovery (I haven't even told you the half of it). Pray first that she makes it through the surgery. Then please pray for a stress free week of recovery for her and the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. Just did, and will continue...

    If you read my post yesterday, you know I've been on that side, so I know the stress and burden placed on those standing in the gap to care during the recovery. I'm also praying for the opportunity to share the Good News to the teen/pre-teen, as they are most likely reaching out to get attention, while coping with the non-traditional family situation.

    ReplyDelete