Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ticked at Congress: What's New?






This absolutely infuriates me!

Two days ago, news came out that the stimulus package included money to go to birth control. I'm not anti-birth control, but I am anti-wasteful spending. Then, I read the above article and find out that the stimulus package originally included money for sod at the National Mall and still includes $335,000,000 for STD prevention. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for STD prevention (although abstinence never fails, FYI), but this has nothing to do with the state of the economy.

I am so furious right now. All we have heard from BOTH sides of the aisle is that the nation's economy, indeed the world's, is in a tailspin. Millions will be losing jobs, homes, etc. Regardless of whether or not you think the government should intervene, I think we can all agree that they should not waste money on things unrelated to stimulating the economy.

Here is a pdf of the actual House bill.

Here is a website that give you contact information for your Congressman. If you support the stimulus package, that is fine, but let your Congressman know that they need to quit playing politics with people's lives and start stimulating the ECONOMY. If you're against the stimulus, email, write, or call them and tell them why.

It just angers me when we are told our world is crumbling, then see our "leaders" toying with us and spending OUR money or their own pet projects.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 647 pages. I was jumping down and got to page 14, where there is a "no Blagojevich" clause. Pretty funny, in some ways.

    Also, the bottom of page 41, $2.8Billion in loand and grants for Rural Utilities - Broadband Internet Access. That kills me. Hughes' DirecWay satellite Internet Service covers the entire continental US, and the only people with difficulty would be downtown areas with tall buildings - rural should have no problems. It's the cost that prevents them from getting it.

    ReplyDelete